Offical Beck Forums

Sign up for our Beck forums, but check out the forums if you want. Just close this window! Thanks Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Offical Beck Forums

Sign up for our Beck forums, but check out the forums if you want. Just close this window! Thanks Smile

Offical Beck Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The offical Beck Forums.

3 posters

Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums

Beck
    Beck
    Theorist of Awesome

Beck Reputation : 11
    Beck Points : 66
    Humor : Dog, is a dog. But a cat is a dog§.

Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums Empty Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums

Post  Beck Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 am

I'm not talking about kids aged between 5-6 here. I'm thinking more of people between the ages of 13-18.

After a comment I'd read earlier made to someone about the fact that "your a kid, why don't you pack your forum in now because it's never going to be successful" It got me into thinking, why do people seem to think that kids can't run forums.

Unfortunatly I cannot quote these threads and I don't really want to name names but do admit to it if u want too

Just a question for anyone under 18 here, do any under 18's have a board listed under big-boards?

They were also making a point about how that you need world experience to run a successful forum. Why is this? Anyone can run a successful forum, there is no world experience needed to run a forum, you need to have good people skills and a tiny bit of technical knowledge but even the technical knowledge isn't essential if your willing to pay that bit to have custom hacks/skins and board installations created/done for you.

Some kids have probably got better people skills than some adults which is the one skill I feel you need to run a community. An adult who works from home and is not married doesn't see or communicate with anyone really if they don't go out in the evenings... whereas kids spend all the time with each other having a chat all day long, most days. They've got the skills that you need to run the community. PEOPLE SKILLS. Some adults haven't.

I'd seen a few people voice their views on how kids can't run forums and I was furious... It's as bad as sexism/racism. It's like what happens within the playgrounds, some kids will sit here and wind other kids up because they are different... Why?!?

I'm sure you all haven't met every single kid on the planet so how do you know there isn't a responsible one out there, how do you know there isn't some kid who knows more about forum running than you and is making huge cash of his forum.

Some forum owners and web masters earn up to thousands of $'s a month from advertisements on their site, how do you know one of these forums hasn't got a child on their team making the forum successful or managing part of the team?

You really can't brand people by their age/sex/weight/race anything like that, it's wrong, end of, you can't change that. I think in Canada, it's illegal to not employ someone because of their age/sex/race. So... None of you would make good employers... not sure if the law stands if you were paying employees and your servers were based in Canada but hey... it's still wrong

Ok, some children aren't going to be capable, they will insist in using chat speak even in formal occasions such as announcements or in the event that an outraged parent who did not give their underage child COPPA permission, that's a sign to say this kid can't do it but NOT because they are a child. Being a child doesn't put people at a disadvantage in forum running really... apart from the financial side of things because u haven't got a credit card etc. etc. not much else is putting children at a disadvantage, with a financial team and a sponsor willing to fund it, a kid could make a more successful forum than some people on here... No offense but I've seen some pretty bad forums made by adults

I can't find information on forum owners so unfortunately, I can't show evidence of where a child's forum has been successful but if any of you kids out there have a forum that is reasonably successful (If it's in the big boards category SHOUT IT OUT!) post it here!

/rant

right, what's your views and opinions on this one?
    I'm not talking about kids aged between 5-6 here. I'm thinking more of people between the ages of 13-18.

After a comment I'd read earlier made to someone about the fact that "your a kid, why don't you pack your forum in now because it's never going to be successful" It got me into thinking, why do people seem to think that kids can't run forums.

Just a question for anyone under 18 here, do any under 18's have a board listed under big-boards?

They were also making a point about how that you need world experience to run a successful forum. Why is this? Anyone can run a successful forum, there is no world experience needed to run a forum, you need to have good people skills and a tiny bit of technical knowledges but even the technical knowledges isn't essential if your willing to pay that bit to have custom hacks/skins and board installations created/done for you.

Some kids have probably got better people skills than some adults which is the one skill I feel you need to run a community. An adult who works from home and is not married doesn't see or communicate with anyone really if they don't go out in the evenings... whereas kids spend all the time with each other having a chat all day long, most days. They've got the skills that you need to run the community. PEOPLE SKILLS. Some adults haven't.

I'd seen a few people voice their views on how kids can't run forums and I was furious... It's as bad as sexism/racism. It's like what happens within the playgrounds, some kids will sit here and wind other kids up because they are different... Why?!?

I'm sure you all haven't met every single kid on the planet so how do you know there isn't a responsible one out there, how do you know there isn't some kid who knows more about forum running than you and is making huge cash of his forum.

Some forum owners and web masters earn up to thousands of $'s a month from advertisements on their site, how do you know one of these forums hasn't got a child on their team making the forum successful or managing part of the team?

You really can't brand people by their age/sex/weight/race anything like that, it's wrong, end of, you can't change that. I think in Canada, it's illegal to not employ someone because of their age/sex/race. So... None of you would make good employers... not sure if the law stands if you were paying employees and your servers were based in Canada but hey... it's still wrong

Tokay, some children arn't going to be capable, they will insist in using chat speak even in formal occasions such as announcments or in the event that an outraged parent who did not give their underaged child COPPA Premission, that's a sign to say this kid can't do it but NOT because they are a child. Bein a child doesn't put people at a disadvantage in forum running really... appart from the financial side of things because u havn't got a credit card ect. ect. not much else is putting children at a disadvantage, with a financial team and a sponser willing to fund it, a kid could make a more successful forum than some people on here... No offence but i've seen some pretty bad forums made by adults

I can't find information on forum owners so unfortunatly, I can't show evidence of where a childs forum has been successful but if any of you kids out there have a forum that is reasonably successful (If it's in the big boards category SHOUT IT OUT!) post it here!

right, what's your views and opinions on this one?

and are proberbly what the replies to this topic will say about my post but hey, i feel kids have rights!

descrimination against Age!

Conclusion: Yes, im 12. I can. So yes they can.
    ๏ǷƟᏐṨƟṆ๏
    Citizen

Beck Reputation : 0
    Beck Points : 1

Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums Empty Re: Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums

Post  ๏ǷƟᏐṨƟṆ๏ Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 am

You posted the same entry twice in one post....

Ever heard of Directadvertisements.org?
    Beck
    Beck
    Theorist of Awesome

Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums Empty Re: Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums

Post  Beck Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 am

No such site, or it doesnt exist.
    zohan247
    zohan247
    Famous Beck Member

Beck Reputation : 0
    Beck Points : 46

Question: Can Younger Audiences Make Successful Forums Empty ~administration~

Post  zohan247 Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:26 am

LOL bounce Sleep lol!
    Beck
    Beck
    Theorist of Awesome

Post  Beck Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 am

Yeah, this was worth a lol. XD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:12 pm